Volunteer Opportunities

Text Size: A A A

Click here to download the Volunteer Application
Click here to download our Background Check Form

Volunteer Long Term Care Ombudsman:
Volunteer ombudsmen are needed in Adams, Chelan, Douglas, Grant, Lincoln and Okanogan Counties. Ombudsmen help residents in long-term care facilities exercise their rights. Ombudsmen respond to complaints and seek solutions to issues such as abuse, neglect, inadequate care and residents’ rights violations. Applicants must agree to spend a minimum of four hours per week with residents at their assigned facility. Volunteers will be certified by the state ombudsman upon successful completion of four days of free training. Ombudsmen cannot be employed by a long-term care facility currently or within the last year.

For more information on this volunteer opportunity, or to contact an ombudsman, call Erin Nelson at (800)-572-4459 x232 or (509)886-0700.

Office Helper:
Greet incoming clients; has or is willing to learn computer skills, public relations and phone skills. Perform clerical duties as needed. Training is provided. Applicant must be able to read, write, follow instructions and pass a Criminal History Background check.

Volunteers to join ‘Twin Rivers Productions:

Twin River Producations (formerly Senior TV) is looking for Producers, Directors, Interviewers, Cameramen and Editors to join this group of people who enjoy making videos about the community we live in. Just having an interest in video production and a willingness to learn is as valuable as experience. Training will be provided.

Advisory Committee Members:
Members of the advisory committee provide advice to the AACCW staff on the needs of seniors and disabled in the county they represent and serve as an advocate for senior programs. Advisory committee members are paid for their mileage at the Washington State rate per mile traveled to attend necessary meetings. For further information on this volunteer opportunity please contact: Jill Dempsey at (800)572-4459 ext. 212 or (509)886-0700 ext. 212